sâmbătă, 11 decembrie 2010

The ending of a story

I was sitting on a chair in the kitchen eating some cereals. I was partially aware of what was going on around me. Dad and Chris were also having breakfast and mom was making an omelette.
My mind was somewhere far, far, far away from this place. A lot of things were spinning in my head.
So many things happened in the last few months. We’ve faced so many together. I’ve learned a lot of new stuff, I made new friends, fell in love for the first time, had my first kiss. We faced so many and even though I lost my faith sometimes, everyone always helped me believe that everything was going to be ok. And in the end it always was.
Thinking about it now everything seems really funny.
It was a nice experience, I thought with a sad smile on my face.
But it was all over now. And, even though I knew I should be happy that it ended, I wasn’t. Because I knew that this meant that everything was going to go back to normal again. Back to the old and boring routine: going to school, doing homework and all the other things that everyone does.
When it all started I couldn’t wait for it to end, but now, when I think about it, I would give anything for it to last just a little longer. I didn’t want to go back to that routine.
I sighed heavily while I was finishing my cereals.
“Ready for school?” asked Chris.
“I guess so.” I said.
I took my bag, put it on my shoulder and the two of us got out of the house.
At the half way to school we met with the others and they were smiling. That’s when I realised that, even if this story ended that didn’t mean that everything did.
I remembered what someone once told me: An ending is just a new beginning.
A smile rose on my face. I looked at the azure sky.
A new beginning, huh?

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu