Words from books...(18)

"As we reached the elevators and stepped inside, I thought about how there are two types of secrets: the kind you want to keep in, and the kind you don't dare to let out."

"And then I couldn't help myself. I laughed. For a second, it seemed safe. Everything was different...but familiar. The dancing. The music. The sounds and smells of Mom making her famous(in a bad way) goulash. It was as if I was having flashes of someone else's life. And then it hit me: it was my life. With Dad."

"Our flashlights played over a closet full of clothes I'd never seen my aunt wear. There was a dresser covered with knikknaks, trinkets from other worlds and other times, and there wasn't a doubt in my mind that each one held a story that I'd never heard. I'd been listening to her wild tales for weeks, but every spy learns early on that the stories that matter most are the ones that you don't tell."

"Where were you, Aunt Abby? I heard myself ask. Dad died and you weren't there, I said, remembering a time in my life that I'd done everything to forget. I felt my voice crack, felt my eyes blur. I told myself it was the steady rocking of the train that made me feel unsteady, but I knew better as I shouted: He died and you didn't even come to the funeral. You didn't call. You didn't visit. Dad died, and ever since then you've been a ghost."

"but there are aspects of this life-of this world-from which you can never walk away. Ever. The fact that almost everything you say to almost everyone you love for the rest f your life will be a lie is one of them." - Joe Solomon

"I've seen Joe Solomon every school day for more than a year, but I don't think I'll ever know him. There are times when he's one of the strongest people I've ever known, and then there are moments-like that one-when I think he might be broken, deep down, in a place that will never mend."

"And then, despite everything, I smiled and looked at the note and knew that spring would come-it always does. So I stared out that cold window, watching my breath collect on the glass, trying not to think about my life after the thaw."

Don't judge a girl by her cover by Ally Carter

Comentarii